A Brush with Kindness Quick Facts
Summit Habitat for Humanity offers a program for homeowners who are in need of critical home repairs. This program is called A Brush with Kindness.
- A Brush with Kindness locally serves low-income homeowners who struggle to maintain the exterior of their homes.
- A Brush with Kindness focuses on exterior home repair services such as painting, minor exterior repairs, landscaping, and exterior clean-up. Groups of 10-20 volunteers work alongside the homeowner to revitalize a home’s exterior. Team leaders make the experience of helping others a positive one.
- A Brush with Kindness is a partner to Habitat’s core building program. It allows us to serve a different community group, yet follows the same basic tenets for eligibility (need, ability to pay, willingness to partner). It is a direct fit with HFHI’s strategic plan to exponentially increase the number of families served.
- A Brush with Kindness uses volunteers, donated materials and no interest loans to makes repairs affordable, helping low-income homeowners continue to live independently and securely in their homes.
- A Brush with Kindness is part of Habitat’s broader community development strategy called the Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative. The Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative is designed to intentionally pursue our strategic imperative of helping to transform and strengthen communities. It is a holistic approach that revitalizes the appearance of the neighborhood, encourages connections within the community, and most importantly, helps preserve affordable housing stock.